Did you know that widespread power outages are getting more frequent and intense? Many factors contribute to this, such as:
- Ice storms, hurricanes, tornadoes
- Errors made by utility employees
- Old power grids that have hit their capacity
- Wildlife stuck in a nearby transformer
- A backhoe mistake during a construction project
You may think it’s OK to have a portable generator at the ready but if you’re not an electrician, you could be risking your health and safety. Ask these questions to yourself:
- Will the portable generator be used frequently enough to guarantee it will run well when turned on?
- Will there be enough fresh gas so it will run for a long time?
- How will you connect it in the darkness of a storm?
- Will it generate enough power to run all the lights and appliances you want?
We all take for granted our power, since we use it without thinking for anything from heating and cooling to security and refrigeration. We also use it for lights, cooking and bathing. So, when power outages happen, it’s wise to be prepared. A Smith Power Systems standby generator will help you carry on the business of your life without interruption.
You’ll find that our Smith Power Systems residential home standby generator sets offer many advantages over portable generator sets. These benefits include a more advanced control system, weather–protective enclosure, less noise during operation and increased capacity. The best part is, it turns on automatically and shuts off automatically once the power comes back on. Attached right to a fuel system as well as your electrical system, you never have to keep a gas tank handy or transfer power manually from your wires to your standby unit.